Classes, tours & events
Join the chefs at NFCI to create new and amazing dishes in these hands-on classes. We'll also teach you kitchen tips that you will use every time you cook! After preparation, there will be time to enjoy the meal you have prepared. Non-alcohol beverages are included with these classes. Red or white wine selections will be available for purchase during class. Proper ID is required – must be 21 years of age.
2015 Gingerbread House
Holiday fun is on the way at the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute! Join the students on weekends starting December 4 to visit with Santa inside NFCI’s life size gingerbread village and take part in all the free activities. Don’t miss out on this family friendly, unique holiday activity.
Friday, December 4, 6-9 PM
6-9 PM: Visit with Santa
6-9 PM: Free Cookie Decorating
6-9 PM: Free crafts for kids
7 PM: Storytime in Barnes & Noble
7:30 PM: Yule Log demo
Saturday, December 5, 1-8 PM
1-8 PM: Visit with Santa
1-8 PM: Free Cookie Decorating
1-8 PM: Free crafts for kids
1-8 PM: ACF Gingerbread House displays
3 PM: Storytime in Barnes & Noble
3:30 PM: Yule Log demo
6 PM: Storytime in Barnes & Noble
6:30 PM: Yule Log demo
Sunday, December 6, 1-5 PM
1-5 PM: Visit with Santa
1-5 PM: Free Cookie Decorating
1-5 PM: Free crafts for kids
1-5 PM: ACF Gingerbread House displays
2 PM: Storytime in Barnes & Noble
2:30 PM: Yule Log demo
ACF Annual Gingerbread Competition
December 4-6th, 2015
Location: Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, 28 Old Falls Street
YOU can enter into the American Culinary Federation (ACF) of Greater Buffalo's annual Gingerbread Competition at NFCI! The competition categories are as follows: Professional Division, Amateur Division, College Student Division, High School Students Division, and Children's Division. Cash prizes & ribbons will be rewarded to the first-third place winners in each category. Gingerbread houses will be on display for public to view on Saturday, December 5, 2015 from 1-8pm and Sunday, December 6, 2015 from 1-5pm. Stop by and make NFCI a part of your Holiday traditions!
Other activities will include a life size gingerbread house with Santa, cookie decorating for the kids, the beautiful gingerbread houses on display and a silent auction of creations. Guests will have an opportunity to bid on houses. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to The Food Bank of Western New York supporting Cattaraugus, Chatauqua, Erie, and Niagara counties.
Do you know anyone who would want to enter into the competition? Contact 716-698-5909 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Group Tours / Private Classes
The Niagara Falls Culinary Institute is proud to offer guided tours of our state-of-the art facilities, culinary demonstrations with tastings, and various meal options to groups. School groups should contact Josephine Brevetti-Runkle at 716-210-2538 or via email at email@example.com
Private groups can view our informational packet or call 716-210-2525.
The Niagara Falls Culinary Institute is proud to offer private cooking, baking, wine classes and demonstrations at our state-of-the-art facilities.
Please view our informational packet or call 716-210-2525.
Kids & Teen Classes
The Niagara Falls Culinary Institute is proud to offer private cooking classes for kids at our state-of-the-art facilities. These private classes are ideal for Birthday Parties, Girl Scout Cooking Badges, or just to provide your group with a unique cooking experience.
Please view our informational packet or call 716-210-2525.
Event Inquiry Form
After reviewing our informational packets above, please fill out our Event Inquiry Form if you are interested in booking an event with us. You will be contacted by our staff to discuss further details of your event.
- Class fees can be paid by phone using a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) or in person with cash or a Niagara Falls Culinary Institute gift card.
- Registration for classes closes one week prior to class date.
- Class registration can be made by phone between 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday – Friday, by calling 716-210-2525. Payment by credit card is due at the time the phone reservation is placed. A receipt of payment will be emailed once the payment is processed.
- Reservations can be made beginning 60 days in advance of the class.
- Refunds will not be given for cancellations less than one week in advance of the class. In the event of illness or incapacitation, exceptions to the refund policy made by made only if accompanied by a written doctor's recommendation.) Cancellations outside of one week in advance of the class will be given a full refund. Please note that decisions to run classes are based on enrollment numbers. Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Classes cancelled due to low enrollment, inclement weather or any circumstance beyond the individual’s control will be refunded completely in the form of payment originally made. Listen to major news outlets on the radio or TV for class cancellations in times of bad weather.
- The Niagara Falls Culinary Institute reserves the right to change any menu or instructor, or to cancel any class at their discretion.
- Classes are offered from ages 16 and up.
- Alcoholic beverages may be made available for consumption in some classes. Class participants will be asked to present valid ID to prove they are of legal New York State drinking age and will be held responsible for limiting their consumption of alcohol to safe amounts.
- A valid driver’s license or photo ID along with a copy of your receipt is required for checking in to class.
- For kitchen safety and sanitation reasons, participants should wear long pants, a shirt with non-flowing sleeves and flat, closed-toe shoes. Class participants will be working with knives and around hot stoves/ovens, therefore, tank tops and flip flops are not recommended. Long hair should be tied back.
- We will provide you with an apron to wear during the class.
- Allergy and dietary restrictions: Facilities may contain dairy, eggs, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans which account for most known allergens. Be aware that cross contamination may occur among food products and we cannot guarantee that our food will be safe for customers with food allergies.
The Giacomo luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Niagara Falls. Exemplary service, unparalleled luxury, all within walking distance of Niagara Falls. For information about Giacomo Gastronomes Unite package please visit: