Baking & Pastry Arts
Do desserts leave you in awe? Do you want to learn to make delectable cakes, pies and tortes? Are chocolate centerpieces something you aspire to create?
- Demonstrate an understanding of kitchen etiquette and professionalism.
- Apply proper sanitation and safety techniques while demonstrating proper knife handling and care for equipment.
- Apply purchasing principles to the operation of a bakery, and/or pastry shop.
- Demonstrate baking theory and principles in the production of quality desserts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of baking and pastry foundations.
- Differentiate between the many types of classical confections.
The College offers both a Certificate and an AAS Degree option in Baking & Pastry Arts. Students in these programs are prepared for employment in entry-level positions or higher as a baker, assistant baker or assistant pastry chef.
In Baking & Pastry Arts,
Every Course Matters.
- Baking Theory and Principles
- Breads, Rolls & Breakfast Pastries
- Vienesse Pastry
- Cakes and Tortes
- Production Experience I
- Plated Desserts
- Production Experience II
- Candies and Confections
- Specialty Cakes
- Facilities Design
- Purchasing and Costing
* For full degree and certificate requirements, please visit the course catalog.