Baking & Pastry Arts
Do desserts leave you in awe? Do you want to learn to make delectable cakes, pies and tortes? Are chocolate centerpieces something you aspire to create?
Enrolled students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of kitchen etiquette and professionalism.
- Apply proper sanitation and safety techniques while demonstrating proper knife handling and care for equipment.
- Apply purchasing principles to the operation of a bakery, and/or pastry shop.
- Demonstrate baking theory and principles in the production of quality desserts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of baking and pastry foundations.
- Differentiate between the many types of classical confections.
The College offers both a Certificate and an AAS Degree option in Baking & Pastry Arts. Students in these programs are prepared for employment in entry-level positions or higher as a baker, assistant baker or assistant pastry chef.
Gainful Employment Outlook and Costs for Certificate Program
Find out what the job outlook is in a particular field after completion of a certificate program. Determine the costs associated for NFCI certificate programs. Cost information is available on tuition/fees, books and on-campus housing.
View information for Baking & Pastry Arts.
In Baking & Pastry Arts,
Every Course Matters.
- Baking Theory and Principles
- Breads, Rolls & Breakfast
- Viennese Pastry
- Cakes and Tortes
- Production Experience I
- Plated Desserts
- Production Experience II
- Candies and Confections
- Specialty Cakes
- Facilities Design
- Purchasing and Costing