Baking & Pastry Arts
Do desserts leave you in awe? Do you want to learn to make delectable cakes, pies and tortes? Are chocolate centerpieces something you aspire to create?
Enrolled students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of kitchen etiquette and professionalism.
- Apply proper sanitation and safety techniques while demonstrating proper knife handling and care for equipment.
- Apply purchasing principles to the operation of a bakery, and/or pastry shop.
- Demonstrate baking theory and principles in the production of quality desserts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of baking and pastry foundations.
- Differentiate between the many types of classical confections.
The College offers both a Certificate and an AAS Degree option in Baking & Pastry Arts. Students in these programs are prepared for employment in entry-level positions or higher as a baker, assistant baker or assistant pastry chef.
View our Accelerated Program.
Every Course Matters.
- Baking Theory and Principles
- Breads, Rolls & Breakfast
- Classical Pastries
- Cakes and Tortes
- Bakery Experience I
- Plated Desserts
- Baking Foundations
- Bakery Experience II
- Baking Nutrition and Special Diets
- Candies and Confections
- Specialty Cakes
- Sanitation and Safety
- Facilities Design
- Purchasing and Costing