Learn the classical techniques of cooking needed to succeed in today's contemporary kitchens.
Enrolled students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of kitchen etiquette and professionalism.
- Apply proper sanitation and safety techniques while demonstrating proper knife handling and care for equipment.
- Apply purchasing principles to the operation of a food service operation.
- Demonstrate new trends and classical principles in the production of quality plated entrées.
- Demonstrate an understanding of culinary foundations.
- Differentiate between the many types of classical saucier.
For students who seek careers in the hospitality industry, the College offers both a Certificate in Culinary Skills and an AAS in Culinary Arts. Our graduates are or have been employed as chefs, line cooks and supervisors/managers in establishments in Manhattan, Chicago, and Orlando, to name a few.
View our Accelerated Program.
Every Course Matters.
- Principles of Baking
- Culinary Foundations
- Sanitation and Safety
- Food Supervisory Management
- Meat and Seafood Fabrication
- Purchasing & Costing
- Garde Manger
- American Cuisine
- International Cuisine
- Restaurant Experience I
- Restaurant Experience II
- Beverage Management
- Front of the House Experience
- Industry Experience