Tourism Management and Event Planning
The tourism industry in the Niagara Region is booming. And that means the demand for tourism professionals and event planners is on the rise. Join us and we will be your guide to a fast paced career!
Enrolled students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the travel and tourism industry.
- Explain and utilize marketing and branding techniques in the industry.
- Employ management principles in the tourism environment.
- Compare and contrast standard types of meetings, facilities, locations, and auxiliary services integral to event planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of event design.
- Develop the accounting skills necessary for tourism and event planning.
- Analyze current trends in event operations and management.
- Apply the foundations of recreation to the tourism industry.
- Analyze the marketing mix and apply it to essential retailing techniques.
- Utilize business communication skills in the event planning and tourism arena.
- Operate computer systems necessary to the industry.
For students who opt for self-employment or for those who may be looking to obtain positions in settings like hotels, country clubs, casinos, restaurants, cruise ships, hospitals, airports, rehabilitation centers, and resorts, the College offers a Tourism Management Certificate, an Event Planning Certificate and an AAS in Tourism Management and Event Planning.
Gainful Employment Outlook and Costs for Certificate Programs
Find out what the job outlook is in a particular field after completion of a certificate program. Determine the costs associated for NFCI certificate programs. Cost information is available on tuition/fees, books and on-campus housing.
View information for Tourism Management.
View information for Event Planning.
In Tourism Management and Event Planning,
Every Course Matters.
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Event Planning
- Introduction to the Tourism Industry
- Dining Room Etiquette
- Hotel Operations II
- Convention and Meetings Management
* For full degree and certificate requirements, please visit the course catalog.